RE: Configuration of BIND (named) for GNS in 11.2 RAC

  • From: "Matthew Zito" <mzito@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <development@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 11:19:35 -0400

It's hard to say without testing it, but the issue could be that your bind
server is configured to slave the prod-cluster.the-playground.de from the
gns-server IP, which does not yet exist (hasn't been bound to the machine).
This will cause bind to attempt to contact that IP, fail to, and then start
returning SERVFAIL to queries directed against that subdomain, since it hasn't
been able to slave the zone (this is correct behavior, btw, since NXDOMAIN is a
cacheable query response, and in this case the dns server is just saying, "hey,
look, maybe it's me").

Try removing the prod-cluster search subdomain, and if that doesn't work, you
can try reversing the nsswitch order.

You can also manually enter your gns-server ip in the hosts file, see if that
fixes it.

Matt

--
Matthew Zito