Re: Conditional logic in a main SQLPLUS script file

  • From: Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pythianbrinsmead@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2011 16:52:40 -0500

On Sat, Jan 8, 2011 at 10:20 PM, Mark Brinsmead
<pythianbrinsmead@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> /bin/cpp, maybe?   The C pre-processor.  You can also use #include and any
> other preprocessor directive.  You are not limited to #ifdef

Ah, if you want to go the preprocessor route, m4 is pretty cool.

I've used it to 'extend' a limited database language, as well
as for creating a website.

Though I think many DBA's might have trouble dealing
with SQL that must go through a preprocessor.

Jared Still
Home Page: http://jaredstill.com