Concurrent io AIX 5.3

  • From: "Brian Shanblatt" <bshan@xxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 01:08:21 -0400 (EDT)

Hello all!

I am configuring a new AIX 5.3 machine, for an oracle database 9.2.0.8

The file systems are JFS2, with the blocksize of 4K which matches our db
block size.

I would like to implement Concurrent io.  I am looking for some
advice/affirmation, beyond what I found on Metalink and IBM whitepapers.

What I would like to do is:
1) All datafiles (tables, indexes, UNDO tablespace, etc) would be on JFS2
mounted with cio, with a block size of 4K

2) Redo logs would be on JFS2, mounted with cio, with block size of
(agblksize) of 512 BYTES.  (is this because oracle writes redos in 512
byte pieces?)

3) Control files would be on on JFS2 file systems, mounted as default (not
using direct io or concurrent io).

Does this makes sense? I am assuming that control files should not be on
filesystems with cio, though I found some conflicted data about control
files.

I would appreciate any advice/affirmations/flames!

Thank you!
-brian s
analyst/dba