Clarion CX500 or Sun StorEdge 6920 Storage solution

  • From: "Wiegand, Jeff" <Jeff.Wiegand@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 14:50:28 -0500

Good day.

We're looking to make a decision on a SAN storage solution shortly. I
was wondering if anyone had any insights or preferences regarding these
two products. We'll be using snapshot functionality to refresh our dev,
qa, and stg environments. We're running with a high-available 3-node RAC
with Data Guard solution on Windows, moving to Solaris this summer. Our
standby is hosted at our facilities and production off-site, with a
hosting provider.=20

We're also considering the possibility of using SAN replication instead
of Data Guard.  Is one product glaringly better than the other?

Thanks,

Jeff