Re: Change other users session

  • From: Tony van Lingen <tony_vanlingen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fairlie rego <fairlie_r@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 11:12:39 +1000

Oops.. My bad...

I thought, like Ian, that they were part of the dbms_session package.

I searched the online "Pl/SQL packages and types reference" for the procedures and when I couldn't find them the dba_source table. Many packages have only the body wrapped, not the header, so

select name, type, line, text from dba_source where regexp_instr ( upper(text) , 'SET\_?[^\_\ \=\(]*\_PARAM[^\_\=\(\ ]*\_' ) > 0

will select these functions. Unfortunately the dbms_system header is wrapped and the package is also missing from the reference.. Why oracle wraps informative headers *and* omits the package from the reference is beyond me..

Cheers,
Tony

fairlie rego wrote:
Not sure why you think they have disappeared but I have used dbms_system to set these in 10.2 SQL> exec dbms_system.set_int_param_in_session(34,4175,'sort_area_size',128000);
SQL> exec dbms_system.set_bool_param_in_session(34,4175,'timed_statistics',false);
Have also raised an ER to get string values set but not sure if this has been done yet Thanks
*Fairlie Rego
*Senior Oracle Consultant
http://el-caro.blogspot.com/
M: +61 402 792 405