Central User management question

  • From: Michael Schmitt <mschmitt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 15:05:35 -0600

Hello,

Are there any tools/recommendations that would allow for central management of
database users?  What I am looking for specifically, is a single location where
we can grant a user access/privileges to a subset of the environment. For
example, if a new Developer joins the organization, we could centrally manage
what databases they should have access to and allow for a common password on
each of the targets.  This should also allow us the ability to remove someone's
access from one location without having to visit X number of databases.

I found the 11g Enterprise user security feature which seems to be what we are
looking for, but I haven't looked into it enough yet to know about version
compatibility or licensing associated with it.

Thanks in advance

Mike