RE: Cannot See Table in MS ACCESS Using Oracle HS and Database Link

  • From: "Powell, Mark D" <mark.powell@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 08:39:50 -0400

Nigel's guess is my guess also.  You probably need to quote the ACCESS
table name.  If the target was SQL Server you would also likely need to
identify the database and owner in the query.

The 1305 error could indicate you have an issue with the MDAC installed
on the ACCESS machine.

This is not an exact match for your issue but I also found this
"Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in ODBC Access ODBC Driver
version 2.00.2317." (Q124322)

You should use ACCESS to open and process the target table to make sure
the sample you choose is valid and then I would look at the version of
the drivers you are using.  I would try to make sure the drivers were
the most current available.

-- Mark D Powell --
Phone (313) 592-5148