Re: Can RAC One Node run on One node only!

  • From: Q A I S E R <qrasheed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 09:24:20 -0500

Thanks for your responses!

Martin: Your assumption is correct. We are considering Linux platform for
this project.

Based on the responses that I received, we have two feasible options:

   1. install RAC-One-Node in a one node cluster, and expand it later to a 2
   node full RAC cluster.
   2. install full RAC (with single instance) in a one node cluster, and
   expand it later to a 2 node cluster.

I like we won'toption #1, though  take adavantage of additional RAC-One-Node
features of cold failover/omotion. However we would save money, by paying
reduced licensing cost until we upgrade to full RAC.

Thanks,
--Qaiser