Re: Cache hash chains

  • From: "Jonathan Lewis" <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2015 10:42:33 -0000

You have four copies of one data block.
Each copy has an associated buffer header/handle (v$bh entry) that points
to it through the BA value
The 4 buffer headers are on a linked list called a "cache buffers chain".
That specific chain MAY include buffer headers for copies of other data
blocks
The starting location for each cache buffers chain is protected by a "cache
buffers chains" latch
Each latch protects many (typically 32 to 128) cache buffers chains.

Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://jonathanlewis.wordpress.com/all-postings

Author: Oracle Core (Apress 2011)