Re: CLOB > 4k

  • From: Martin Berger <martin.a.berger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jose.soares@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 12:42:03 +0200

Hi Jose,

can you please provide the statement you use to insert the data?
probably you are just doing a
insert into table values ("verylongstring")
In this case the verylongstring is handled as varchar2 and this is just to
big.
dbms_lob is the package to handle LOBs.

Martin

Hi all,

I need to store a lot of data into a single column (more than 4k).
I tried using CLOB because documentation says :

*CLOB data type*

*A CLOB (character large object) value can be up to 2,147,483,647
characters long. A CLOB is used to store unicode character-based data, such
as large documents in any character set.*

*The length is given in number characters for both CLOB, unless one of the
suffixes K, M, or G is given, relating to the multiples of 1024, 1024*1024,
1024*1024*1024 respectively. *

When I tried to insert into it more than 4 k a got this error:

(DatabaseError) ORA-24373: invalid length specified for statement