RE: Bizgres anyone?

  • From: "Milen Kulev" <makulev@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracledba.williams@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 13:20:38 +0100

Hi Dennis,
yes I have not only heard of it,  and I am using it too ;)
I like the the idea to  have Postgres  version for DW envoroment  ;)
I am not aware of the price of Bizgres MPP (commercial version using shared
nothing architecture), but rumours
say it costs "around" 25k USD/CPU. I suppose the price is further negotiable ;)
, since a sales rep. was insisting on
conference call.
There is a free version of  Bizgres which doesn't include Shared nothing
cluster functionality,  but  still
includes  bitmap indexes and improved sort algorithms. In any case it is worth
using/trying it (at least I prefer it
over MySQL).
Bear in mind that   Bizgres MPP  hat some nasty finctionality limitations (
described in detail in the admon guide ot
Bizgres MPP) in its current version. I hope they will overcome them soon.

Best Regards.
Milen