Re: Big SQLs

  • From: Mathias Magnusson <mathias.magnusson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lambu999@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 09:23:39 +0200

I usually take one table after another and write the sql anew the way I want
(copying what is already good). That servers two purposes. 1) I get to write
the SQL such that it is easier to work with it in the tuning phase, and 2) I
usually learn more about the SQL that I do from just trying to reading it. A
third benefit may be that I can make sure the explain plan looks acceptable
after each table is added and not trying to fight a large
complexity immediately.

Mathias