Re: BLOB Data Type

  • From: Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco <juancarlosreyesp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: zettira@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 14:14:09 -0400

Hi,
you can load imagaes through read_image_file, but for other documents,
like pdfs, and if you are using windows and oracle9i there is a bug in
the first bits when saving to disk again, you will have to use java
procedures.
This topic I touch some months ago, search in the archives.
bfile is instead of long raw  is for binary data
clob for long long text.

--
Oracle Certified Profesional 9i 10g
Orace Certified Professional Developer 6i

8 years of experience in Oracle 7,8i,9i,10g and developer 6i