RE: Auditing original user in an n-tier environment

  • From: "Freeman, Donald" <dofreeman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <george.rusnak@xxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 14:18:47 -0400

I have the same problem.  My users are using Cognos and SAS.  SAS is in =
a pilot project and apparently, it can do the pass through you are =
describing.  Cognos logs user access to a file. Cognos provides a schema =
you can build and load the log files to it for better management. Its =
kind of clunky and doesn't give you row level auditing. Is the App =
something built in house or a COTS product?

Don Freeman
Database Administrator 1
Pennsylvania Dept of Health
Bureau of Information Technology