RE: Audit and database performance

  • From: "Ric Van Dyke" <ric.van.dyke@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ora_forum@xxxxxxxxx>, "Oracle Freelists.org" <Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 09:58:42 -0600

A way to get an idea of the overhead, take a test system and trace
(10046) a run or three of the application with and without the AUDIT
turned on.  Profile each run and compare.

Running with audit on will have some impact, unlikely to be noticeable.
Of course if you run out of space where the audit trail is being written
then EVERYONE will notice!

Ric Van Dyke

Hotsos Enterprises

Hotsos Symposium March 4-8, 2007.  Be there.