RE: Audit

  • From: "Reidy, Ron" <Ron.Reidy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <chiragdba@xxxxxxxxx>, "Oracle-L Freelists" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 10:19:16 -0600

Comments and questions below ...
-----Original Message-----
From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Chirag DBA
Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2005 9:49 AM
To: Oracle-L Freelists
Subject: Audit

Hi ,

I am trying to do auditing on the DB for the first time.

I want to find couple of things but no luck.

Column STATEMENT on AUD$, didn give me the meaningful value, where can I
find the table for all the listings.
I am finding the meaningful values in DBA_AUDIT_TRAIL view.
You should be querying against the %AUDIT% views anyway.  Not really
sure what you are trying to look at using the STATEMENT column.

When I do AUDIT DELETE ANY TABLE BY SCOTT; and deleting records from the
table,
I am getting values as follows.
SCOTT      SESSION REC     29.09.2005 11:42:24          0 TEMP
208
What columns are you displaying here and from which view?

But I wanna see that deletion occured , I mean anything like ROWS
DELETED or like that, possible?
Cause if I enable insert,update,delete all three, how will be I
differentiate this value SESSION REC?
But you know that a delete occurred by looking at substr(session_rec, 4,
1) in conjunction with  owner and object_name from dba_audit_trail.

Perhaps a read of the docs is in order?

Regards - Chirag

information which may be confidential or privileged. The information is
intended
sender  of the delivery error by replying to this message, or notify us by