Articles on setting up standby database without using Data Guard.

  • From: "Sandra Becker" <sbecker6925@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 11:17:43 -0700

Does anyone know of any good articles or white papers on setting up standby
databases without using Data Guard?  I'm interested in looking at both
logical and physical to see which would best fit our needs.  What those
needs are depends on whom you're talking to at any given moment, so I'm
trying to get the key people together to define their requirements and what
they're willing to spend to meet those requirements.  I'm currently reading
the 9i docs from Oracle.

Sandy