Re: April 2010 CPU

  • From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lyallbarbour@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 15:51:11 +0100

Good and likely extremely relevant question.

It's Patch Bundle 25 for 11.1.0.7 on Windows (Patches 9392331 and 9392335
for 32 and 64 bit respectively).

The preinstall instructions state:

5. For customers using Statspack:

It is recommended that you export the primary statspack schema as a backup
before instaling this patch, either using your own export parameters or
those provided in spuexp.par

Disable the programs that use Statspack
Run @spdrop and @sbdrop to drop both the primary and standby statspack
schemas

This customer hasn't gone down the PSU route yet.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA