Re: April 2005 Security Patches

  • From: tboss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: rgramolini@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 12:05:30 -0400 (EDT)

As far as I can tell, the patch number varies slightly by O/S:

- 4193295 for Solaris 64bit
- 4193295 for HP 64bit
- 4269928 for Win 32bit
- 4213298 for Win 64bit

There's a massive README.html for the patch, but the only real issue I've
found of note during installation was something related to the XML contents
inventory file.  Addressed in Metalink note 292946.1, you have to
manually edit $ORACLE_HOME/inventory/ContentsXML/oraclehomeproperties.xml
in some cases b/c the O/S isn't listed properly.

hth,
Todd