RE: Anyone implented compiled PL/SQL?

  • From: "Bobak, Mark" <Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 16:55:50 -0400

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread, especially Ellis for
all the detailed advice and Juan for the links to the excellent
articles, and thanks to Roger Schrag for the excellent tutorial.

As it turns out, it took me all of about 5 minutes to initially
configure and get a small HELLO_WORLD proc natively compiled.  I then
did a full recompile of everything in our development instance.  Other
than taking much longer than I anticipated, it went very smoothly.  In
development, there's not a whole lot of scalability or load testing I
can do.  When this changes gets into our preprod environment, then I'll
have a better idea of how much it helped, if at all.

Thanks again all,

-Mark

--
Mark J. Bobak