Anyone Using Commvault For Backups?

  • From: Scott Canaan <srcdco@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 15:22:39 +0000

Our sys admins have purchased Commvault for all of our backups.  We are having
a hard time getting it to successfully do some types of restores, in
particular: cloning (prod to test) and restoring a database to a clean hardware
install.  It took a long time to work through normal restores and point-in-time
restores.  We are working with Oracle 11.2.0.3 and 11.2.0.4 only.
If you've been successful in either (or both) of these areas and have
documentation on how you accomplished it, I'd really appreciate it if you could
make that documentation available.  The vendor's documentation is severely
lacking, in some cases downright wrong.

Thank you,

Scott Canaan '88 (srcdco@xxxxxxx<mailto:srcdco@xxxxxxx>)
(585) 475-7886 - work                (585) 339-8659 - cell
"Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it."
- Tom Lehrer