RE: Any problems using Anti Virus software?

  • From: "Jesse, Rich" <Rich.Jesse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 10:17:21 -0500

Turn off file and print sharing, make sure IE is set to "Work Offline"
if installed, and possibly stop remote RPC (I think!), and make sure the
box is behind your corporate firewall and not directly accessible from
the Internet.  Use a port scanner to make sure the standard Windohs
security hole ports are closed.  This *should* help with the majority of
the Windohs viruses and worms around.  Of course the best method is to
have the DB on a non-Windohs machine, but I know this isn't always
considered a viable option for many shops.

HTH.  GL!

Rich