Re: Amazon As DR Site?

  • From: Dba DBA <oracledbaquestions@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2015 11:47:46 -0500

I work for a hosting company. I can't name it on the web. We have atleast 1
customer where we just manage their DR site. Its not 'cloud'. They have
their own servers. Then again 'cloud' is a buzzword and means different
things to different people.

Since they own the servers they have somewhat of a custom setup. So our
servers and disk layouts are the way they have it in house. Not sure if
Amazon would do that. I think their low price means lower level of service.

There are alot of hositng companies out there. Amazon is just one of them.
I think their bread and butter is mysql because they sell on cost.