Re: Allowing users to execute shell scripts without seeing password

  • From: Dennis Williams <oracledba.williams@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fred_fred_1@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 13:01:52 -0600

Fred,

> login to the server (HP-UX) with their own account and run a shell script
> that's owned my me ... but I don't want them to be able to see the
> password.

If you are saying you want them to run a shell script that has an embedded
password, I would say that isn't very secure anyway. Why not have the script
make a call a program that retrieves the password? Goodle for the keywords
sqlplus hide password and you will find several examples.

Dennis Williams