Advice for Enterprise Manager

  • From: "Stefano" <s.cislaghi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 18:40:13 +0000

Hi,

I'm installing a new infrastructure with EM 11g. My past infrastructure was
based on EM 10g and was monitoring few solaris clusters with veritas as
clustering software. Every database had a private inventory, dedicated ip for
listener and for other services and of course a dedicated emagent listening on
database ip.

New infrastracture are almost based under linux. CRS is 11.2, scan listener and
central inventory are in use, but for some compatibilty problem every database
will continue to use a dedicated ip address and agent. Problem is that even
installing dedicated agent listening only on database IP, the agent always try
to monitor every target available in central inventory and as the 11g agent
knows well crs features, try for each target to monitor che whole cluster.

This could not be a problem but IMHO is not really nice. Which is your
experience? Have a similar (that should not be so uncommon) structure? How do
you manage EM agents?

Just for brainstorming and sharing ideas.

Thanks
Stefano

--
http://www.stefanocislaghi.eu