Advantages of Hotsos profiler over OraSRP?

  • From: <JayMiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 14:47:03 -0500

After spending 6 futile months trying to convince my management to
spring for the Hotsos profiler I gave up and downloaded OraSRP last
year.  Since then I've fallen in love with the OraSRP profiler and use
it constantly.

Post-merger we have new management and my manager came to me yesterday
and said that we might be able to get Hotsos approved.  After spending 6
months trying to convince everyone that Hotsos was the greatest thing
since sliced bread I feel a little odd saying, "Um, maybe we shouldn't
bother after all."

Has anyone who's used both tell me what features Hotsos offers that
OraSRP doesn't?

Thanks,
Jay Miller

This message is confidential and sent by TD Waterhouse solely for
use by the intended recipient.  If you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, distribution or
copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  This should
not be deemed as an offer or solicitation, to buy or sell any
product. Any 3rd party information contained herein was prepared by
sources deemed reliable, but is not guaranteed.  TD Waterhouse does
not accept electronic instructions that would require an original
signature. Information received by or sent from TD Waterhouse is
stored, subject to review, and may be produced to regulatory
authorities or others with a legal right to such.