Re: Advanced queueing and Oracle 9i standard engine

  • From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jdunn@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 12:50:15 +0000

Ah lovely.

In the 10g Licensing Guide you'll see that Change Data Capture isn't
available, but message queing and apply is.

Metalink Note 185049.1 will tell you that AQ is available from 9i SE,
(and could sort of be used in 8i with products like Oracle Workflow).

The note is, apparently, correct

SQL>SELECT BANNER FROM V$VERSION;

BANNER
Oracle9i Release 9.2.0.3.0 - Production
PL/SQL Release 9.2.0.3.0 - Production
CORE    9.2.0.3.0       Production
TNS for 32-bit Windows: Version 9.2.0.3.0 - Production
NLSRTL Version 9.2.0.3.0 - Production

5 rows selected.

SQL>SELECT * FROM V$OPTION WHERE PARAMETER = 'Database queuing';

PARAMETER
VALUE
Database queuing
TRUE

Clear as mud then. Incidentally the metalink search that turned up the
note (I knew it existed which was why I was brief ) also turned up a
variety of different responses from Oracle Employees, not all of which
are adeqauately explainable by the version the person posting the
question was running.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA