Re: Advanced Security and SSL

  • From: "Jason Heinrich" <jheinrichdba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 15:39:25 -0500

I don't think this went through yesterday, so here it is again.  In
case anyone is curious, I solved this problem.  It turns out the
"Certificate Validation Failure" error was right on.  The problem was
that I had not set SSL_CLIENT_AUTHENTICATION = FALSE in the
listener.ora file.  Oddly enough this only seemed to be a problem
going from Windows to AIX: I was able to connect from another AIX box
just fine.

I do have another question.  Does anyone know of a way to remove
trusted certificates from an Oracle wallet from the command line?  I
know I can use orapki to add a trusted certificate, but I can find no
way to remove them.  It seems like an oversight to me.

--
Jason Heinrich
Oracle Developer/DBA