Re: AUTOSYS performance issues

  • From: Rachel Carmichael <wisernet100@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 06:23:41 -0800 (PST)

I last used it successfully in 8.1.7.3 (I think it was .3), but it was
a very "plain vanilla" system... the Java programmers refused to use
prepared statements, it was a registration system so I was seeing
thousands and thousands of "select .... where login_id='literal'"
statements. I lost the fight to have the programmers recode (damn
startups and impossible deadlines) so turned on cursor_sharing=FORCE

stopped all those pesky shared pool out of memory errors.