RE: ASSM - dynamic memory resizing

  • From: "Hameed, Amir" <Amir.Hameed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "K Gopalakrishnan" <kaygopal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 15:20:47 -0500

Gopal,
You are right that we are running Solaris. I just confirmed with our
onsite Sun support person that all the memory resides on the CPU boards.
So, what does the "main memory" category mean here because it seems that
this is the way Oracle kernel is reporting it and has no similarity with
the way the memory is located on the hardware.

Author: Oracle Database 10g RAC Handbook, Oracle Press 2006
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/007146509X/