ASMFD vs ASMLib vs Udev

  • From: Kumar Madduri <ksmadduri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle Freelists <Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 01:19:08 -0800

Hello list:

I am going to do a fresh install of 12c Oracle Restart configuration
(SIHA). I understand that starting 12.1.0.2 I can use ASMFD for maintaining
disk persistence across reboots.
Are there any known issues that I should be aware of.
One thing I found when I was searching was this
http://www.oraclebuffer.com/general-discussions/asm-filter-driver-doesnt-support-unbreakable-linux-kernel/

Client here is using ASMLib and they prefer that because they are 'used' to
it. But if ASMFD is replacement for ASMLib then in my opinion they should
go for it.
udev rules would also work and I read that you could still have udev in
addition to ASMFD as a best practice.

Thanks for your time

Kumar