ASM with Shadow image to do db refresh

  • From: "dd yakkali" <dd.yakkali@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 17:45:00 -0500

Hello DBAs,

is any body using ASM and Hitachi's shadow image to do database refreshes?
We are planning on using it for a project in making.

We currently use shadow image on raw volumes with veritas ( NO ASM ) to refresh development databases. we use veritas commands to rename diskgroups and give new disk ids etc. Works well and we could refresh 500 GB database in an hour.

I do not know whether ASM offers a way of renaming the disk groups or not. I
am new to ASM, please excuse my ignorance in this regard.

Thanks Deen