Re: ASM white paper for parameter settings?

  • From: Charles Schultz <sacrophyte@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TESTAJ3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 11:02:20 -0500

Both Oracle and the RAC-SIG have a number of papers on this topic, and "Best
Practices" for RAC in general. Beware, some of them are more like sales
pitches or cookbooks, but most of it is still good to read.
MAA for ASM:
http://www.oracle.com/technology/deploy/availability/pdf/MAA_WP_10gASMMigration.pdf
MEtalink note 312731.1 (ASM with RAC):
http://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/ml2_documents.showNOT?p_id=312731.1
From RAC-SIG, a whitepaper:
http://www.oracleracsig.org/pls/apex/Z?p_url=RAC_SIG.download_my_file?p_file=1002242&p_id=1002242&p_cat=documents&p_user=nobody&p_company=994323795175833

These are just a few. Lots of people have blogged on the topic as well, but
where do you draw the line at "Best Practice"? Who has to say it in order
for it to be accepted as such?

--
Charles Schultz
Sent from: Champaign Illinois United States.