Re: ASM alert.log is missing

  • From: TESTAJ3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: Igor.Polishchuk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 10:57:59 -0500

It could be one of those things where someone deleted it and next time the
asm instance is restarted, it should recreate the alert.log.

joe

_______________________________________
Joe Testa, Oracle Certified Professional
Senior Engineering & Administration Lead
(Work) 614-677-1668
(Cell) 614-312-6715

From:
"Igor Polishchuk" <Igor.Polishchuk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:
<oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:
11/23/2010 10:54 AM
Subject:
ASM alert.log is missing
Sent by:
oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello,
I recently found out that alert.log is missing for ASM instance. The
system is working without any problems and I don’t remember when I’ve seen
this file last time.
Is it normal to work without alert.log for ASM?
Thanks,
Igor.
The information contained in this E-mail message is intended
for the personal and confidential use of the designated
recipient(s) named above. This message and all communication
contained herein is privileged and confidential. If the reader
of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent
responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that you have received this E-mail message
in error, and that any review, dissemination, distribution or
copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this message in error, please notify MTD PRODUCTS INC
immediately by calling (330) 225-2600.