Re: APEX_PUBLIC_USER

  • From: raza siddiqui <raza.siddiqui@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2016 09:56:53 -0700

The APEX /variable /APP_USER is used to indicate the current login name. So, you will see it included in your APEX applications as the container likely displaying the value under which user-credentials the application is being accessed.

It is used typically as follows:

:APP_USER -bind variable form
&APP_USER.  -- substitution form

You can additionally interrogate the current value using the "V" function:

V('APP_USER')

HTH

On 6/17/2016 9:36 AM, Charlotte Hammond wrote:

Hi All,

Today I've inherited an APEX application and I noticed that in the dads.conf file PlsqlDatabaseUsername is APP_USER (which is a database account used by the application) rather than APEX_PUBLIC_USER as I normally expect.

Whilst this works fine, I'm not that familiar with APEX: what would be the reason that a username other than APEX_PUBLIC_USER would be used to connect?

Thanks!
Charlotte