RE: 9i poll on spfile feature

  • From: "Jacques Kilchoer" <Jacques.Kilchoer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 11:31:46 -0700

I think what Mr. Goulet was trying to say is that 'without [an spfile]
you can't modify system parameters [...] on the fly."
From: Goulet, Dick [mailto:DGoulet@xxxxxxxx]

Well, I'll disagree with Rachel.  True having an INIT file is not =
currently broke, but without it you can't modify system parameters, like
=
shared_pool_size on the fly.  So yes I have migrated to them, of course
=
I'va also added "create pfile=3D<name> from spfile" to my shutdown =
script,
along with "alter database backup controlfile to trace".

Save that there bacon, it's mine!!