Re: 8i -> 10gR2 update

  • From: "Andre van Winssen" <awinssen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: alever@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 22:23:22 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Alessandro,

we just did a mig of 8.1.7.4 to 10.2.0.2 using exp/imp. The export files
were 100Gb in total. No tables with LONG type columns and millions of rows
so the import finished rather smoothly in 24 hours (Win2K sp4/8CPU/8Gb)
I noticed thast the STATS were locked after the import in 10.2 so I
unlocked them by calling dbms_stats.unlock_schema_stats()

I prefer exp/imp because of the possibility of having a clean/neat
database to start with. Sqlplus COPY is also a way to do it (just make
sure nobody is changing the source database while you copy it :-)

Best wishes/vriendelijke groeten,
Andre van winssen