RE: 8.1.7 db server - JServer?

  • From: "Reardon, Bruce (CALBBAY)" <Bruce.Reardon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 12:31:48 +1100

Do you run CBO and first_rows and use lots of public synonyms?
If so, we found that adding Java killed resolution time of the synonyms=20
- started taking 10s of secs=20
- due to large number of objects / synonyms that are then in the DB
- we decided to swap to choose as a workaround / fix
Something to keep in mind
Or to put it another way, test it first

HTH,
 Bruce Reardon
 mailto:bruce.reardon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
=20
NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments are private and confidential and =
may contain legally privileged information.  If you are not an =
authorised recipient, the copying or distribution of this e-mail and any =
attachments is prohibited and you must not read, print or act in =
reliance on this e-mail or attachments.  This notice should not be =
removed.