Re: 19c Physical Standby

  • From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2021 22:58:07 -0500

Hi Sanjay,

I've had the same problem as you and I found the solution...sort of.  The solution is the parameter ENABLED_PDBS_ON_STANDBY on the primary DB.

https://docs.oracle.com/en/database/oracle/oracle-database/21/refrn/ENABLED_PDBS_ON_STANDBY.html#GUID-A2EC2381-D9C0-4612-87C9-A225C7BCE8C4

It's even described in the Data Guard manual:

https://docs.oracle.com/en/database/oracle/oracle-database/21/sbydb/creating-oracle-data-guard-physical-standby.html#GUID-20D2DEAC-0355-4FBB-ADB8-37BF5F4328E2

Before you get too happy, there is one minor detail: this is a 21c parameter, not available in versions 19c and below. Oracle database 21c is available in the sky.  So is Lucy, with diamonds.

Regards.

On 2/24/21 3:21 PM, Sanjay Mishra (Redacted sender smishra_97 for DMARC) wrote:

Rajeev

In my Case Primary Already has multiple PDB but I need standby for only one PDB. This clause will work if I am adding new PDB and don't want it to sync with Standby

Tx
Sanjay

--
Mladen Gogala