12c: naming rule prefix gv$ & v$ & ORA-00999

  • From: Cherif Ben Henda <cherif.benhenda@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 16:40:53 +0100

Hi all,
I tried to create new view with prefix gv$ and v$ under sys user I get
the below error ORA-00999.
I have done some researchs , I found that some people have encountered this
issue but only under SYS user.

I tried the same under non SYS user, I get the same error but only for
prefix GV$.

Does some one have a link to Oracle documentation about this change ?
Is there any naming rule for prefix GV$ and v$ and is there any other
prefix can cause the same error?

Best regards.
Cherif.