Re: 11gR2 Cascaded Standby with SYNC and ASYNC

  • From: Ludovico Caldara <ludovico.caldara@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Hemant-K.Chitale@xxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 09:38:29 +0200

Hi Hemant,

12c has not only introduced Far Sync and real-time cascade, but also the
ability to manage cascading and cascaded databases through the Data Guard
Broker.

in 11gR2, you can have a cascaded standby database, but you have to manage
it without the broker. Moreover the only log transport mode available
between the cascading and cascaded database is ARCH.

Gavin Soorma has blogged about it one year ago, it is a good read:
http://gavinsoorma.com/2013/05/11g-data-guard-cascading-standby-database/

Best regards
--
Ludovico