Re: 11.2.0.2 RMAN dupe problem

  • From: TESTAJ3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: lawrence.wolfson@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 11:26:01 -0400

why not use the option to create it from the current database or is that
not feasible?

joe

_______________________________________
Joe Testa, Oracle Certified Professional
Senior Engineering & Administration Lead
(Work) 614-677-1668
(Cell) 614-312-6715

From:
Wolfson Larry - lwolfs <lawrence.wolfson@xxxxxxxxxx>
To:
oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:
05/11/2011 11:12 AM
Subject:
11.2.0.2 RMAN dupe problem
Sent by:
oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

One of our DBAs is creating a test DB from production,  going from one HP
server to another.
He’s done numerous refreshes like this.   Believe this is first 11.2.0.2.
He’s having the issue below and said the Level zero backup was successful.

“For some reason the 11.2.0.2 rman duplicate command is calling for the
Level 0 from the previous Sunday May 1st  and not the Level 0 from Sunday.
  I haven’t figured out why this is the case. “

Any one seen this and got around it?  Or know what issue is?

  Thanks
  Larry
privileged.

communication is strictly prohibited.