Re: 10gAS Oracle Forms and Reports v9.0.4 on AIX

  • From: "Dimitar Radoulov" <cichomitiko@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 15:08:55 +0100

> > Platform is AIX 5.3 ML3 64 bit on IBM p550. Install
> > type is Forms and Reports Services 9.0.4.0.1, with
> > 9.0.4.2 patch release applied.
> > Opmnctl stopall does not shut down the reports server
> > java processes. This is an out-of-the-box install.
> > Every time I bounce the instance, more processes
> > remain after shutdown. I  never had this problem with
> > middle-tier J2EE and Webcache install type. I looked
> > at opmn.xml, can't find anything that stands out.
>
> Did opmnctl report any errors on the standard output when the problem
> occurred(when you issued opmnctl stopall)?
> You have to check the report server engine log/traces also
> (<AS_HOME>/reports/logs/<rep_server_name>/rwserver.log).

If you use the in-process server implementation, the OracleAS Reports
Services handles client requests to run reports by entering all
requests into a job queue. When one of the server's engines becomes
available, the next job in the queue is dispatched to run. Engines are
*shut down automatically* after having been idle for a period of time
that you specify. You can also set the engineResponseTimeOut parameter
- the maximum amount of time (in minutes) for an engine to update the
status of the job while running a report in your environment. If it
takes longer than this amount of time to update the job status for
some reason (e.g., due to the engine hanging or a long blocking SQL
query), Reports Server terminates the job.

Check this links:

download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10464_01/bi.904/b10314/pbr_arch.htm#1005635

download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10464_01/bi.904/b10314/pbr_conf.htm#1004903

Regards,
Dimitre