10G Grid Control - Multiple databases with the same SID

  • From: "Gracelin Priya S." <GracelinP@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 20:34:37 +0530

Hi,
There are nearly 15 databases(Oracle 9.2.0.1 to 9.2.0.6) on different machines
but with the same SID say mysid. I have installed 10G Grid Control on one
machine say host1. Also I have installed 10G agent on all machines where 9i DB
is there. The first DB gets registered with the 10G Grid control automatically
but all the other databases are not getting listed in the database tab of the
10G Grid control wheras the machine names are getting listed in the hosts
tab...Why is that??..Are there any issues in 10G grid control if all the
databases has the same SID??. What should I do in order to get all my
databases(where 10G agents are running) to get listed in the database tab
automatically, if not atleast manually?

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Gracelin