10.1.0.4 patchset 2 catcpu.sql slop

  • From: Paul Drake <bdbafh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Oracle-L (oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 15:35:00 -0400

w2k3 server std ed, 32 bit.
Oracle 10g R1, 10.1.0 patchset 3 applied (10.1.0.4)

While running the 10.1.0.4 patchset 2 post-installation script
(catcpu.sql) against a newly created database there were a rather
large amount of ORA-00955 (457) and ORA-02303 (63) errors.

These can sometimes be ignored, but basically, this means having to
compare the previous definitions of the objects against the new
definition on a line by line basis in order to determine if in fact
the object definition has changed. This is a huge waste of time, IMHO.

I was thinking of rather than taking that approach, of manually
dropping all of these objects prior to re-running catcpu.sql and
examining the results (HUGE hammer approach).

this is in testing in a db with no users.

yeah, I could just ignore the patchset and stick with 10.1.0.4 patchset 1.
we've hit an issue covered by 10.1.0.4 patchset 2 so I'd rather get
the bugfix out there than wait for the next iteration.

just trolling for some thoughts before I vent into an iTAR.

Paul