Zero Downtime Upgrade and Migration

  • From: Avadhani mys <avadhanimys@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ora-apps-dba <ora-apps-dba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, oaugnetdba-on@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 15:14:33 +0530

Hello Gurus,

Please let me know any suggestions other than Oracle-Golden-gate to achieve
Zero  downtime migration.the challenge is we need to Upgrade and
Migrate Oracle 8i database [Upgrade to  11gR2 and migrate to Sun-Solaris
from AIX]. This is very critical application and client needs Zero
downtime.

Please let me know your valuable suggestions on this. And also please let me
know your valuable inputs/links on the documents on using Oralce Golden gate
to achieve Zero  downtime upgrade and migration

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Avadhani