Re: Oracle Applications in a DMZ Reverse Proxy Setup

  • From: Rahul Naik <rahul.naik@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ora-apps-dba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 18:45:24 -0400

We are trying to access Oracle Applications Rel 12.1.3 over the internet.
Our architecture is as follows (I am also uploading the diagram).

Ineternet User       ->   ( External Firewall       Reverse Proxy
Server          Internal Firewall) in DMZ Setup    -> Single node install
(Server has 2 network cards - one we are using for internal tier and the
other for external web tier).

We have internal web tier on port 8000 and external web tier on port 8001.

We are able to access both URL's when on the internal network. We have also
set the Node Trust and Responsibility Trust levels. So effectively, when I
login to the external URL on 8001 (when on internal network) I am able to
see only those responsibilities for which I have set the Responsibility
Trust Level to external.

However, when I try to access the external webtier over the internet (after
opening port 8001 on the internal firewall, doing required settings in the
new context file, opening ports 443 and 80 on the external fire wall) I am
able to login but I do not see the responsibilities.

Please let me know if any additional details are required and I can provide
them.

Alternatively, if you have a similar setup, can you please provide the
values for the following parameters that you have set in the context file
for the external web tier.

s_webentryhost
**s_webentrydomain
s_active_webport