Re: JDBC thin client connections

  • From: Kareem Abdul <akareem_qa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ora-apps-dba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 08:20:58 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Irfan,

  Check the metalink Id : 278868.1

  understand the parameters, you can tune according to your situation.

  Regards
  Abdul Kareem

Irfan Momin <irfanwiz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
          Hello Abdul,

Thanx for your reply.  I am not able identify "no of JVMs for OACoreGroup in
jserv.conf".  Can you please help me identifying this parameter.

One more thing I would like to mention here is that even when the users are not
doing any activity on Oracle Applications like a scenario where Oracle Apps is
just started, I see as many as 97 JDBC thin client connections.  Does following
your suggestion reduce the count of initial spawning of JDBC connections.

But, the main question here still remains.  How can one get rid of this
connections gracefully.

Regards,
Irfan Momin
Oracle Applications DBA