[optimal] Re: optimal Digest V3 #9

  • From: Joe Warnicki <warnickij@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 09:36:23 -0500

George is correct that the list does not keep the digests. It is just a header so the recipient does not confuse several in their mailbox.

OPTIMAL does save each individual message and they can be reviewed at //www.freelists.org/archive/optimal/

The messages can also be searched but the search function is relatively simple.

Joe

On 1/18/2012 9:21 AM, George Henry, CRA, PBT wrote:

You won't find them, as such... the "digest" is simply a way to receive all of each day's posts to the OPTIMAL list combined into one e-mail message, rather than individual e-mails for each post. When you signed up for the list, you either chose to receive individual messages or the digest.

When you see someone reply to the list with a subject line of "Re: optimal Digest V3 #9", it simply shows that they are replying to a particular message within the digest, which they chose as their delivery method. It would, of course, be helpful if people changed the subject line to something meaningful...

George E. Henry, CRA, PBT
Wheaton Eye Clinic, Ltd.
2015 N. Main Street
Wheaton IL 60187