[optimal] Re: manufacture of fluorescein

  • From: Mohammad Harb <icucool@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2012 11:19:48 -0800 (PST)

Hello
Can you please change my E-mail to icucool@xxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks
Mohammad Ikbal Harb

________________________________
 From: "Head, John" <John_Head@xxxxxxxx>
To: optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, February 6, 2012 8:08 PM
Subject: [optimal] manufacture of fluorescein

Hi all,

Thought I would share this…
A representative of a Fluorescein manufacturer came by our site with some news
about an action taken by the FDA.

I won’t summarize much, but here is a link to the FDA website.
http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/GuidanceComplianceRegulatoryInformation/EnforcementActivitiesbyFDA/SelectedEnforcementActionsonUnapprovedDrugs/ucm280534.htm

apparently the FDA is looking closely at a couple manufacturers, and the FDA
have asked that they stop production, until further notice.
I have been told that Akorn, one of the manufacturers still approved, have
increased production, and will try to limit any possible shortages.

Best Regards,
John Head, CRA